| Amie Valpone |
This article was sponsored by our friends at MegaFood. All opinions are my own.
Chocolate covered bananas = Insanely delicious. Why haven’t I thought to make these sooner?
These are quite possibly the easiest dessert recipe you’ll ever make.
Not only are these cute little banana bites dreamy but they can be made in 20 minutes or less.
How’s that for a super clean n’ healthy dessert?
It’s time to satisfy your sweet tooth the right way.
Let me show you what these babies are all about.
Let’s get started.
I added a little something special to these bananas that you won’t find in any other summer treat.
A few months ago, I introduced you to MegaFood, a brand I truly admire. They make high-quality supplements delivered from whole food that I’ve been using for the last 10 years throughout my journey. You can read all about them and their super ‘clean’ supplements in my previous posts (Tahini Smoothie and Women’s Multivitamin) but today I’m chatting about one of their amazing Nutrient Booster Powders that I can’t get my hands off of.
I’ve been a fan of powders vs. pills for years now. Although I do love taking supplement pills, a powder is a nice switcherooo because you don’t have to swallow another pill! You just add the powder to a beverage or food and poof, you can eat or drink it. Easy as that! The trouble is that many powders on the market are made from processed ingredients and chemicals.
But, not this powder. This one is made with organic ingredients and is super clean. I’m using the MegaFood’s Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder today (you can see in the bottle when you scroll down below) because I have been hearing from so many of you that you’re looking to boost your energy and give yourself a boost but you have no idea where to start. And let me tell you right now, coffee isn’t the place to look. That will only set you up for adrenal fatigue and other health issues; when you reach for more caffeine to pick-you-up, your body is asking for rest and nutrients- not more caffeine to jolt you!
Consider this your lucky day because you get to eat dessert and reap the benefits of energy in this treat.
This booster is unique and unlike any other brand or powder I’ve ever seen because it uses FoodState Organic Beet Root, Organic Ashwagandha and Organic Green Tea Leaf along with Chromium and B12. Pretty fancy, isn’t it? You get all that goodness in a powder form so you can add it to your favorite smoothie, Popsicle, dressing, beverage, dip or just drink it straight up with water.
The best part?
Aside from the great taste…
It has no added sugar, sweeteners, flavorings, preservatives or fillers. And it’s made with whole foods to give you essential minerals and nutrients that you can easily digest, and assimilate for a boost of energy. These nutrients are gentle on the body and are ideal to help you power through your day without burning yourself out.
Now we’re talkin’.
So, all you’ve got to do is add a scoop of the booster to these bananas and you’re set.
I hope you love these little bites. Feel free to use any toppings you’d like. There are so many options and you can get super creative by letting your kids pick out the toppings or just walk yourself down the baking aisle and you’ll find a ton of fun foods you can sprinkle on top. There’s no limit to what you can toss on top of the melted chocolate- just make sure whatever you do choose, it’s not too heavy so that it doesn’t fall off the bananas. These babies are going to keep you cool in this July heat, I assure you. They’re:
- Easy to make
- Full of fiber
- Crunchy and soft n’ tender with each bite
- Great for kids
- & Extra delicious when they’re frozen to cool you off this summer!
They’re the perfect dessert (or snack) to have on hand all summer long. I mean, what other dessert can you possibly get a boost of energy, fiber and sweetness from?
Easy Chocolate Covered Bananas
Free of gluten, dairy, soy, sugar, eggs, corn. Vegan, Paleo.
Course: Dessert or Snack
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Calories per Serving: 399
- 4 ripe bananas peeled and sliced in half
- 10 ounces dairy-free gluten-free chocolate chips
- 1 scoop MegaFood Daily Energy Booster
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp. granola gluten-free
- 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp. hazelnuts chopped
- 1 Tbsp. almonds sliced
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl over a large pot or pan filled with water. Heat the water over medium-low heat until it simmers. Let the chocolate melt over the simmering water until it's completely melted.
- Meanwhile, place the banana halves on a parchment lined cutting board or flat surface. Dip one end of each banana into the chocolate and spoon the chocolate over the banana to coat the banana 1/2 or 1/4 way up the piece.
- Then roll in your choice of topping or sprinkle the topping on top and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your hands or a fork and knife.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.