|Angela Bekkala | December 5, 2018 |
This author's original post, Trail Mix Bites with MegaFood® Daily Multi Powder was sponsored by MegaFood and published on HappyFitMama.com. All opinions and text are her own. We enjoy working with bloggers who share our vision of nourishing the world!
“In our fast paced society of convenience, it can be challenging to get all the essential nutrients we need from diet alone,” says running coach and exercise physiologist, Angela Bekkala of Happy Fit Mama.” I always thought that I got enough nutrients from my food intake. But after tracking the essentials, I found that I was lacking in certain areas. For years I was anti-supplements but changed my tune after seeing the numbers for myself.”
As a runner, Angela is always trying to make sure to eat the right foods to not only fuel her workouts, but also to help her recovery process. If you yourself are looking for a nutrient-dense, great-tasting, wholesome snack with a supplement boost to fuel your activities, look no further than Angela’s Trail Mix Bites, boosted with our Women’s Daily Multi Powder.*
Enjoy the recipe below, and visit HappyFitMama.com for the full post on why Angela’s excited about our new Daily Multi Powders.
Trail Mix Bites
- 1 cup oats
- 2/3 cups dried unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 scoop of MegaFood Daily Multi Powder (I used Daily Multi Powder for Women)
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dried fruit of your choice (I used dried cranberries)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl
2. In a separate bowl, add peanut butter and honey. Warm in the microwave 20-30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir till combined.
3. Combine dry and wet ingredients till mixed.
4. Place bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
5. Remove bowl from fridge. Take 1-2 tablespoons of mix and roll into a ball. Repeat until all of mix is used.
6. Store balls in resealable container in fridge.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.