MegaFood | Feb. 2020
Find out how Herbal Sleep pairs four trusted botanicals for restorative sleep.
Tired of being tired? When it comes to getting enough sleep, most of us are falling short. In fact, 97 million adults reported trouble sleeping (39%) five or more nights per week, and 206MM adults (82%) had trouble sleeping at least once a week1 - those are big numbers!
With our busy schedules and long to-do lists, this is easier said than done, but we need to sleep at least 7-8 hours each night to rest and recharge all of our systems. In addition to helping you feel your best, adequate sleep is important to support our entire body’s health, including our immune system.
If you’re one of the many folks struggling to catch those z’s, good sleep hygiene (a consistent bedtime, limiting screen-time before bed) paired with herbal support might help. In fact, herbal sleep solutions such as valerian, passionflower, and hops are among the first recommended by WebMD for those that are searching for help sleeping.2
And so MegaFood looked to the most popular and time-tested botanicals around sleep and decided to combine them into one unique product, aptly named Herbal Sleep, a melatonin-free option for supporting a good night’s rest.*
What’s in it?
Herbal Sleep combines organic valerian, hops, passionflower, and Sensoril® Ashwagandha into one convenient capsule designed to offer relief from occasional sleeplessness and to promote a sense of calm:*
- Native to most of Europe, and has been used as medicine since the ancient Greeks3. It is the most widely-used herbal sleep aid in Europe1
- Used in both traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine1
- Traditionally used to support restorative sleep*
- Shown to support occasional restlessness and difficulty sleeping*
- A twining vine found in temperate North America, with the vast majority found in the American tropics4
- Traditionally used in the Americas and later in Europe as a calming herb*8
- Most commonly known for the flavor and aroma they offer beer, and have been used for centuries as an herbal remedy5
- Native to Europe, western Asia, and North America5
- Known for its soothing properties5
- Traditionally used to promote restful sleep*
- A small, woody shrub, native to parts of India, North Africa, and the Middle East6
- An herb that has played an important role in Ayurvedic medicine for over 4,000 years6
- Known as an adaptogen - an herb that supports our body’s ability to adapt to stress6
Who is Herbal Sleep for?
Need help getting the restorative sleep you need? Then Herbal Sleep could be a great solution for you! The unique pairing of these four botanicals will help you make the most out of your night’s sleep with just one easy-to-swallow capsule. Wake up to a new you!
Additionally, many herbal sleep-support products available utilize proprietary blends that don’t show how much of each herb is present. Herbal Sleep offers meaningful and clear potencies of organic herbs for those that want to know exactly what they are taking. Plus it’s vegetarian, tested for 125+ pesticides and herbicides, and certified glyphosate residue free!
If any of this sounds good to you, Herbal Sleep may be a great addition to your supplement lineup! You’ll want to take this two hours before bed, and for best results, take for at least a week.
The effects of modern life can wreak havoc on restorative processes for the body, like sleep and relaxation. Our sleep and stress formulas can aid your body in achieving a greater sense of calm.* Check out all our sleep and stress products to find the right one for you.
1 Packaged Facts’ Sleep Management in the U.S. (Feb. 2017)
3 Guide to Medicinal Herbs 53;55
4 Guide to Medicinal Herbs 39;41
5 Guide to Medicinal Herbs 27
6 Guide to Medicinal Herbs 316;319