This nourishing oil blend can be used to soothe and to moisturize your largest organ, the skin! According to Dr. Low Dog, sunflower oil is one of our very best oils for skin protection, restoring barrier function by enhancing the natural lipid protection of the skin. Calendula flowers are known to protect the skin in winter.
- 1 cup organic calendula dried flowers
- 1.5 cups organic sunflower seed oil (or enough to cover calendula flowers)
- Mason jar
- Grind the flowers in a coffee grinder and place in glass jar
- Add sunflower seed oil (covering at least an inch over the dried calendula flowers)
- Gently mix with a long handled spoon and then cover with a lid (if the oil is not completely covering the herbs at any point, add more oil)
- Shake every day for 2-3 weeks
- After 2-3 weeks, strain using a colander or cheesecloth
- Pour into jar for storing
Apply oil to skin after bathing and as needed for soft, moist skin!