| Sarah Rotavera | September 26, 2016 |
This post was created in partnership with MegaFood, a brand that I have used and loved for years. As always, all opinions and texts are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help me bring you quality content!
Berry Beet Energizing Smoothie Bowl: Supercharge your day with an antioxidant-packed smoothie bowl featuring raw beets, blueberries, and spinach. Each bowl offers a significant source of vitamins, fiber, iron and calcium!
It’s kind of ironic for me to be sharing a beet smoothie bowl considering what I wrote in my fails post last year. Let’s just say I had a few comments that caused me to rethink that statement and give the ol’ beet smoothie another try.
What I discovered is that I don’t like roasted beets in my smoothie. I should have realized that was the issue sooner because I like beet juice made from raw beets. But when they’re roasted they take on a sweeter flavor that just doesn’t taste right coming through a straw. Or in this case, a spoon.
So raw beet smoothies. They’re where it’s at, people! I know peeling beets first thing in the morning is so NOT happening, but you can do it ahead of time. Chop them up and seal them in a container in the refrigerator for the rest of the week. Problemo Solved.
My favorite beet smoothie combo is made with frozen berries, spinach and a little bit of almond milk. For an extra kick of nutrition, I’ve also been adding MegaFood’s Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder, which I find helps keep me energized throughout the day.
Each scoop contains a blend of B12, herbs, beet root and organic green tea leaf specifically selected for their ability to support energy levels, healthy metabolism, and your body’s response to stress.*
I’ve never been much of a coffee drinker but I’m still human and appreciate a little boost to help keep me going in the morning. I love that the Daily Energy Booster gives me a natural alternative that I can use in virtually any smoothie combination because the flavors are so subtle.
That said, I personally recommend trying the beet combo because beets are super good for you. Here are just a few health benefits that they offer:
- Rich in nitrates which can help increase circulation
- Good source of B-vitamin folate to support heart health
- Source of betaine, an amino acid that can help prevent and reduce fat accumulation in the liver
- High fiber content which aids in healthy digestion
They also make for a pretty smoothie which is great way to trick little ones (or big ones) into drinking their veggies. Cheers to beet smoothies!
Berry Beet Energizing Smoothie Bowl
This recipe is sugar free and vegan.
- 1 medium-size beet, peeled (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Daily Energy
- 1 to 2 pitted dates, honey, or maple syrup to sweeten
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add sweetener as needed, to taste. Serve in a bowl with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
This recipe was originally published on MakingThymeForHealth.com.