This Berry Beet Energy Bowl comes to us from Sarah Rotavera, the vegetarian food blogger behind Making Thyme for Health. Made with fresh raw beets, frozen berries, baby spinach and plant-based milk, Sarah says this smoothie bowl is one of her favorite ways to enjoy the benefits of beets.
Berry Beet Energy Bowl
This recipe is refined sugar free and vegan.
- 1 medium-size beet, peeled (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 to 2 pitted dates, honey, or maple syrup to sweeten
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add sweetener as needed, to taste. Serve in a bowl with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
PRO TIP: Peeling beets first thing in the morning is so NOT happening! But you can do it ahead of time. Chop them up and seal them in a container in the refrigerator for the rest of the week.
For an extra kick of nutrition, MegaFood Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder™, is an added option for keeping energy levels up throughout the day.*
Each scoop contains a blend of B12, herbs, beetroot and organic green tea leaf specifically selected for their ability to support energy levels, healthy metabolism, and your body’s response under stress.* Daily Energy can be paired with limitless smoothie combos- yet naturally, that beetroot harmonizes well with fresh beets!
Looking to further support your energy levels?