Sometimes sneaking nutrition into your kiddo’s daily diet is the best way to make sure they get the vitamins and minerals they need daily. Ha! And MegaFood booster powders for kids make it easy to stir or bake in nutrition and so we had to share this chai seed pudding recipe from our friend Christina Anthis at The Hippy Homemaker which includes MegaFood Kids Daily Multi Nutrient Booster Powder™.
Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse! Once a staple part of the Mayan and Aztec culture, chia seeds were prized for their ability to provide sustainable energy. Now a popular staple in a healthy diet once again, these tiny black seeds are a nutritional powerhouse rich in antioxidants and full of fiber, magnesium, zinc, iron and calcium.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tbsp. maple syrup (or another sweetener of choice)
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 scoop MegaFood Kids Daily Multi Nutrient Booster Powder™
- Vanilla – Follow the directions above, with no additions, for vanilla!
- Chocolate – 2 Tbsp. cacao or cocoa powder
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup – 1 Tbsp. cacao or cocoa powder, 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- Strawberry – Add 1 handful or 1/4 cup fresh hulled strawberries
- Raspberry Lemonade – 1/4 cup fresh raspberries squeezed through a fine mesh strainer, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Pumpkin Pie – 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1/8 tsp. cinnamon (1/4 tsp. total), 1/8 tsp. ginger root powder, the tiniest pinch of nutmeg and cloves (1/16 tsp.)
- Orange Creamsicle – 1/2 orange (this one needs to be blended in the blender, but it gives an Orange Julius flavor!)
- In a medium bowl combine chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla extract, maple syrup, flavor additions, and non-dairy milk of choice. Whisk until well combined.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours, or overnight, to firm up.
- Mix in the MegaFood Kids Daily Multi Nutrient Booster Powder™
- Either enjoy chia seed pudding as is with a tapioca-like texture or toss chia seed pudding in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with fruit slices/nuts/seeds and enjoy!
If you’d love to try other recipes for your kids or yourself, visit our blog for appetizers, smoothies, desserts and more!