MegaFood | June 2019
Is there anything more refreshing than a spoonful of ice cold sorbet on a hot summer day?
It’s one of the best summertime desserts because it’s super refreshing and ridiculously easy to make, as our friend Sarah, from Making Thyme for Health knows well! All you have to do is blend up frozen fruit with a little dairy-free milk, transfer it to a container and freeze it for a couple of hours. Then you have a healthy sweet treat that’s ready for you to cool off with!
I’m sure many of you are wondering where the turmeric fits into this picture seeing how it’s typically used in savory recipes. Surprisingly enough, it blends really well with the tropical flavor of mango and will help support healthy inflammation!*
MANGO TURMERIC SORBET
Yield: 5 cups / 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes (+ 2 hours freezing time)
- 32 ounces frozen mango cubes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or coconut milk
- 1-2 scoops MegaFood Daily Turmeric Nutrient Booster Powder
- Allow the mango cubes to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes then add them to a blender along with 1/2 cup almond milk and 2 scoops turmeric booster powder. Blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer safe container and smooth down with the back of a spoon. Cover and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Defrost at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving. Serve cold with fresh mint (optional) and enjoy!
Love adding turmeric to recipes? Try these additional recipes!
Pumpkin Pie Turmeric Breakfast Smoothie – Vegan + Gluten-Free
Fall Harvest Salad, Featuring Daily Turmeric Dressing
Turmeric Carrot Cake Smoothie