It’s officially pumpkin season and we’re psyched to share this Pumpkin Coconut Turmeric Mousse recipe from our friend Jeanette at Jeanette’s Healthy Living, that uses just six ingredients – pureed pumpkin, coconut cream, maple syrup, pumpkin spice mix, vanilla, and MegaFood Daily Turmeric Nutrient Booster Powder™.
Wondering what Turmeric brings to the table? Well, turmeric has been used for thousands of years in cooking (think Indian curries and Thai food) and Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. We add our daily booster powder to this pumpkin dessert because of its health benefits (and awesome flavor). It combines protective and restorative turmeric blends with wholesome FoodState® Vitamin C, tart cherry and our colorful Fruit Phenolic Blend.* Turmeric also helps maintain a healthy whole-body inflammatory response.*
So, this is a no-cook recipe that is so easy to make. The key is to refrigerate the coconut cream and pumpkin overnight so they are super cold when you whip them up.
First, whip cold coconut cream until thick and fluffy. If you can only find coconut milk, you will need to drain any liquid off before whipping.
Pumpkin puree and the rest of the ingredients are blended together in a food processor. Then, the pumpkin mixture is whisked into the whipped coconut cream.
Next, the pumpkin coconut turmeric mousse is piped or spooned into serving glasses. A dollop of whipped coconut cream, a sprinkle of pumpkin spice and crumbled ginger cookies on top are finishing touches.
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 2 cups pumpkin puree, refrigerated overnight
- ½ cup maple syrup, refrigerated overnight
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice mix plus extra for garnish
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 scoops MegaFood Daily Turmeric Nutrient Booster Powder™.
- 6 gluten-free gingersnap cookies, crushed, optional
- Scoop cold coconut cream into a mixing bowl. Beat coconut cream with whisk attachment until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes. Do not overbeat or coconut cream will get too warm and soften. Reserve 1 cup of whipped coconut cream for garnish.
- Place pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, vanilla and Daily Turmeric Nutrient Booster Powder in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree mixture to whipped coconut cream in bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Pipe or spoon pumpkin mousse into six serving dishes.
- Pipe or spoon reserved whipped coconut cream on top, and sprinkle crushed gingersnap cookies and a little pumpkin spice on top, if desired.
Interested in what other recipes we offer? Visit our blog for amazing smoothies, appetizers, desserts and more!
If you’d like to learn more about the other turmeric products we offer, you can click here to see all our options.