These Chocolate Covered Apple Turkey Pops were gifted to us from our friend Maryea at Happy Healthy Mama, and are a special treat for your kiddos, perfect for Thanksgiving, and boosted with MegaFood nutrition!
Adding in Kids Daily Immune Nutrient Booster Powder™ helps support your kids’ immune system.* It’s made with astragalus and echinacea, two powerful herbs that are known to strengthen the immune system.* It also has elderberry, organic oranges, blueberries and cranberries. These three fruits provide deep pigmented natural phytonutrients for additional antioxidant protection.* The best part is your kids won’t even know it’s there!
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 6 scoops MegaFood Kids Daily Immune Nutrient Booster Powder™
- 2 large apples sliced thick
- ~1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 16 white chocolate chips
- 1 baby carrot thinly sliced lengthwise and then cut into eight small triangles (see pictures)
- 8 lollipop sticks
- Slice your apples thickly. You want to make sure each apple slice is thick enough that it can accommodate a stick and not break or split. Pick out the seeds as best you can.
- Now you add sticks to the apple slices.
- Next you want to melt your chocolate. Once it is melted, stir in the coconut oil and 6 scoops of MegaFood Kids Daily Immune nutritional booster powder.
- Now you’re ready to dip the apple pops into the chocolate. You can use a spatula to help spread the chocolate so it covers the whole apple.
- Place the dipped apples onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Working quickly, use the almond slices to create turkey feathers, white chocolate chips for eyes, and carrot triangles for the beak.
- Put the tray in the freezer for 10 minutes.
If you want immune support for the whole family, check out our full product line-up here.