MegaFood | June 2019
It’s time to satisfy your sweet tooth the right way. Chocolate covered energy bananas = insanely delicious. These are quite possibly the easiest dessert recipe you’ll ever make. Our friend Amy Valpone from The Healthy Apple, shared this recipe and we love that she includes MegaFood Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder! Feel free to use any other toppings you’d like, just make sure whatever you do choose, it’s not too heavy so that it doesn’t fall off the bananas.
Easy Chocolate Covered Bananas
Free of gluten, dairy, soy, sugar, eggs, corn. Vegan, Paleo.
- 4 ripe bananas peeled and sliced in half
- 10 ounces dairy-free gluten-free chocolate chips
- 1 scoop MegaFood Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder™
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp. granola gluten-free
- 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp. hazelnuts chopped
- 1 Tbsp. almonds sliced
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl over a large pot or pan filled with water. Heat the water over medium-low heat until it simmers. Let the chocolate melt over the simmering water until it's completely melted. Stir in Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder.
- Meanwhile, place the banana halves on a parchment lined cutting board or flat surface. Dip one end of each banana into the chocolate and spoon the chocolate over the banana to coat the banana 1/2 or 1/4 way up the piece.
- Then roll in your choice of topping or sprinkle the topping on top and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your hands or a fork and knife.
Looking for additional recipes? Check out our blog!