MegaFood | July 2019
What can we say, sometimes you just crave donuts! Our friend and lifestyle expert Danny Seo shared this recipe so we could pass it on to you. Perfect for that Sunday morning when everyone is home.
Baked Miniature Donuts with Spirulina Sugar
- ½ c maple sugar, more to garnish
- 2 c oat flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 1 organic egg
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
To grease pan:
- 1 t refined coconut oil
- 2 c organic confectioners sugar
- 2 T almond milk
- 2 t MegaFood Daily Purify Nutrient Booster Powder™
- ¼ t spirulina
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add the maple sugar, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, egg and coconut milk to a blender and process until smooth.
- Grease donut-baking pans with coconut oil.
- Pour batter ⅔ full into pan (approximately ¼ cup per cavity) and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, stir together the confectioners sugar, almond milk, MegaFood Daily Purify Powder and a pinch of spirulina to make a glaze.
Dip each cooked donut in glaze and sprinkle with maple sugar and remaining spirulina.
Interested in what other recipes we have put together? Visit the recipe section on our blog for salads, smoothies, desserts, veggie appetizers and more!