MegaFood | June 2019
Looking for a twist on classic watermelon? Our friend Danny Seo shared this recipe that you have got to try!
Black Mustard Seed Pickled Watermelon Rinds
- 1 baby watermelon, peeled, cut in half crosswise, and flesh scooped out
- ½ gallon glass jar
- 1 ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- pinch red chili flakes
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- Cut the watermelon rind into wedges and place into glass jar.
- Add the vinegar, honey, chili flakes, water, salt and black mustard seeds to a small saucepan and lightly warm.
- Pour mixture over watermelon rinds, cover and allow to steep in the refrigerator overnight.
Looking for more delicious recipes? Visit our blog.