Our friend Nicole Perry from Pumps & Iron shared this smoothie recipe with us and it has been a fan favorite ever since! She includes our Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder to support a healthy energy boost. So is it chia seed pudding or is it a smoothie? We’ll let you decide!
Servings: 1 Smoothie
½ heaping cup fresh raspberries
- 1-2 tbsp packed fresh mint leaves (if you just want a subtle mint flavor do 1—I love mint so I usually do 2)
- 1 banana, frozen*
- 1 scoop Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder
- ⅓ cup coconut milk, plus more if needed to reach desired consistency
- Toppings of choice: I used frozen raspberries (so the pictures would be pretty—in real life, I like fresh) and bee pollen. Granola or a little peanut butter would also be yummy!
For the chia seed pudding:
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3-4 raspberries, muddled (optional—this is just to give it a pink hue)
- Stir together the chia seed pudding ingredients and let sit for 10 minutes (until gelled and thick).
- Blend smoothie ingredients in a high-speed blender. If too thick, slowly add coconut milk.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass then top with the chia seed pudding. Finish with desired toppings.
- Enjoy with a straw… then a spoon!
- If you only have fresh bananas on hand, you could use frozen raspberries instead of fresh. Just make sure one or the other is frozen so you get a good, thick smoothie texture.
You’ll notice in the above recipe that the chia seed pudding portion is really simple and plain. That’s because you’ll have smoothie remnants and toppings at the bottom of your glass to mix into it with each spoonful.
Looking for more MegaFood boosted recipes from Pumps & Iron? Check these out:
- Matcha Green Fruit Smoothie Bowl using Daily Energy
- Tropical Turmeric Carrot Juice & Smoothie using Daily Turmeric
Want to explore our other energy-related products? See which ones makes sense of your needs.