| November 16, 2018 |
If you’re feeling pumpkined-out right about now, consider switching to sweet potato! With a color that rivals that iconic autumn squash, sweet potatoes provide fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, the powerful antioxidant beta carotene, and so much more.
This satiating smoothie, inspired by HonestCooking.com, is a wonderful way to get a daily intake of all that sweet potato goodness, along with an added boost of Daily C-Protect Nutrient Booster Powder™, which provides your body with the nourishment it needs to support your natural immune defenses.*
- 1 cup sweet potato puree or 1 roasted sweet potato, skin removed
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (or, to taste)
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 scoop Daily C-Protect Nutrient Booster Powder™
*optional: date syrup or honey, if you like a sweeter smoothie.
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. (Makes one large smoothie.)