| Sarah Rotavera |
Turmeric Carrot Cake Smoothie- a nourishing blend of whole foods that tastes just like a slice of carrot cake! A great source of vitamins, calcium, iron, protein, and fiber. (vegan + gluten-free)
I’m all for slurping down a big green smoothie in the morning, but every now and then I like to indulge my inner child and create something that reminds me of my favorite desserts. Notice that was plural, because there’s no way I could decide on just one.
Carrot cake is definitely a top contender though. It was always my go-to choice for birthday cake as a kid. That was probably the only source of vegetables I got at the time but that’s neither here nor there.
The beauty of a good smoothie is that you can squeeze in those healthy fruits and veggies while still making it taste sinful and delicious. For this carrot cake version, we’re starting with a base of frozen banana, carrots, and cauliflower for a nice dose of fiber, vitamins and antioxidants.
I know using cauliflower in a smoothie might sound strange but trust me, you can’t taste it at all. It just provides a nice creamy texture.
I also like to add fresh ginger to help aid digestion, and MegaFood’s Daily Turmeric Nutrient Booster Powder to for it’s restorative health benefits.*
In addition to turmeric, it also contains a blend of FoodState Orange Vitamin C, Tart Cherry, and Black Pepper Extract to maximize the replenishing and rejuvenating properties.*
I like to add it to all of my post workout smoothies but it pairs exceptionally well with the flavors of this carrot cake version.
The sweetness of the carrots and dates paired with coconut, ginger and walnuts is sure to satisfy your cake craving while also leaving you energized and ready to take on the day. I hope you enjoy it!
Did you try this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out by leaving a comment below or sharing a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #makingthymeforhealth. I love hearing your feedback!
Turmeric Carrot Cake Smoothie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 16 oz serving
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 c chopped frozen carrot (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2-3 frozen cauliflower florets
- 1/2 c plain unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
- 3/4 c unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- 1 date (pitted)
- 1 T chopped walnuts
- 1 T shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 T Chia Seed
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop MegaFood Daily Turmeric Booster Powder
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with shredded coconut and walnuts then serve and enjoy!For an extra boost of iron, try adding a few teaspoons of blackstrap molasses!
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This post was created in partnership with MegaFood, a brand that I have used and loved for years. As always, all opinions and texts are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that allow me to bring you quality content!