At MegaFood, our mission is to nourish a world in nutritional crisis by producing the highest quality supplements made with farm fresh whole foods. MegaFood is a proud Certified B Corporation, meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance and a driver of change in the creation of meaningful jobs, the improvement of lives, and the application of best business practices. We are always looking for people who are passionate about our mission to join our growing team!
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTIONS:
Timely acquisition of quality raw materials and supplies required to produce MegaFood products as well as co-manufactured bulk and finished goods. Development of procurement and sourcing strategies and functions that ensure we have what we need, when we need it and at the best price. Reducing overall risk related to supply base.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and implement purchasing and sourcing strategies while implementing best practices.
- Establish, build, and maintain professional relationships with all key suppliers & co-manufacturers; manage supplier meetings.
- Partner with Quality, Planning and Innovation teams to understand needs and requirements related to the sourcing/procurement of materials and goods
- Establish inventory safety stock levels, reorder amounts, and lead times for all raw materials.
- Key member of the New Product Development (NPD) Leadership Team regarding sourcing new and alternative materials, components and/or packaging for new products/innovation.
- Analyze and recommend solutions for all issues relating to supplier’s performance based on quality, delivery or price.
- Establish key metrics to monitor suppliers/co-manufacturers performance related to quality and service.
- Monitor market conditions to avoid sharp market increases and availability issues and communicate risks/opportunities to team members and management.
- Manage and resolve any discrepancies with suppliers regarding invoices, claims, and product non-conformance or quality issues.
- Develop, implement and communicate KPIs, scorecards and roadmaps to meet or exceed targets.
- Provide relevant forecasts to key suppliers and co-manufacturers at required time points to ensure product availability.
- Provide finance with raw material and purchased finished goods costs to assist in maintaining product costing.
- Oversee the development or improvement of SOPs and work instructions for procurement and sourcing functions as well as supplier monitoring practices.
- Manage team activities to achieve seamless product transfer to and from the co-mans to the finished goods warehouse, ensuring alignment with the overall project timing and goals.
- Investigate and resolve any invoice discrepancies that arise with supply base.
- Develop and manage vendor agreements, contracts, confidentiality disclosure agreements, and scope of work agreements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or BA in Business Administration or Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of procurement and sourcing experience with 5+ year managing direct staff.
- 5+ years of experience in the food or nutrient processing/manufacturing industry preferred
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing requirements, organic and non-gmo standard and quality testing specifications
- A strong understanding of business growth through the product development process.
- Experience in Supply Chain sourcing for natural food, dietary supplements or HABA, preferred.
- Proficiency in Windows, Excel, Word, Google Drive and ERP systems.
- Ability to travel as needed (approximately 20%)
- Proven track record of controlling/reducing spend as % of gross sales while developing a robust supplier base.
- A proven track record of continuous performance including attending conferences/workshops to advance skills as well as knowledge and relationships within the procurement profession.
What We Offer You:
We aspire to nurture a culture of inclusion that enables and encourages all of our employees to thrive.
Here are a few ways we do that:
- Eligibility for our benefits on your first day of employment
- Paid time off to pursue your passion through our volunteer program
- Annual wellness reimbursement, fitness challenges, and lots more to keep you healthy!
- Generous time off programs including vacation and personal time and paid parental leave
- Opportunity to work with passionate people, who care about our mission and each other!
MegaFood is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging. The collective sum our individual differences, knowledge, life experiences, and unique talents, represents a significant part of our culture and is the foundation for our accomplishments and impact.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. We strive to create a supportive community where we all are comfortable and confident to be authentic, open and curious.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com or call 603-216-6473 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.