At MegaFood, our mission is to nourish a world in nutritional crisis by producing the highest quality supplements made with farm fresh whole foods. MegaFood is a proud Certified B Corporation, meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance and a driver of change in the creation of meaningful jobs, the improvement of lives, and the application of best business practices. We are always looking for people who are passionate about our mission to join our growing team!
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTIONS:
This highly visible, hands-on position will work collaboratively with the Leadership Team and subject matter experts to deliver transformational learning experiences to all levels of the organization with a focus on developing leadership capabilities. This position will be responsible for programmatic and consultative work associated with leadership development content and programs. This includes consulting with executive team members and employees to assess learning needs, employee readiness and performance gaps to develop strategies that align with MegaFood's business goals and objectives. This position is responsible for managing communication and execution of training initiatives and programs, reserving training space, ordering necessary supplies, room set up and break down, and material inventory and preparation. This position will also be responsible for the execution of MegaFood's formal new employee onboarding program. This position is responsible to ensure the highest quality plans are developed and implemented that are aligned with the talent needs of the business, linked to MegaFood's key competencies, and values the cultural framework of MegaFood.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, design and manage targeted talent development programs, tools and processes that enhance the capability of key leaders for the entire organization.
- Collaborate with the the Executive Leadership team to develop a succession planning model for MegaFood.
- Identify a custom MegaFood portfolio of development experiences and tools for senior leaders, hi-potentials and developing managers/leaders, and tracks participation and impact of those for accelerating development.
- Support MegaFood's Learning Management System (LMS), rollout, design, content, and metrics.
- Conduct organizational needs assessments to determine knowledge and skills gaps.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, develop an overall training plan to help resolve identified skills gaps and topical training initiatives (Onboarding, Asana, Expensify, sales tools) within the company.
- Implement metrics and analytics that effectively measure, benchmark and monitor the learning and development impact to the organization.
- Work with external educators, vendors and consultants when necessary, and negotiate cost-effective solutions.
- Stay abreast of latest developments in management, leadership, and organizational development areas to serve as subject matter expert and internal consultant regarding critical people issues, team effectiveness, change management, employee engagement and cultural transformation.
- Ensure that the company’s performance management system is a tool that encourages ownership of employee development opportunities and identifies essential competency needs by employee role/leadership level.
- Keep current on effective training delivery and/or curriculum development techniques.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- L&D EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 4 - 6 years in learning & development roles in a dynamic environment– including true ownership and execution of design, development, execution and measurement
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Planning and executing learning and development initiatives/events – managing multiple projects at once and thriving with both long term planning and immediate needs
- PRODUCING RESULTS: Moving from ideas to action quickly and constantly moving things forward
- USING TECHNOLOGY: Comfortable with basic productivity software (MS Office, Google Apps, Asana), Learning Management Systems (Cornerstone is a plus!) and platforms (online, mobile, social, etc), webinar/video conferencing tools
- DETAIL ORIENTATION: Relentless quality control (grammar, voice, accuracy) and design application (branding, style aesthetics) in content and experiences
- COLLABORATIVE SELF MANAGEMENT: Driven and motivated self-starter who can work autonomously AND manage up and across – building and maintaining strong relationships will be crucial to success
- PRESENCE: Confident presentation skills and ability to comfortably speak in front of a group – including senior level leaders; Ability to communicate effectively and flexibly with a variety of audiences
- CURIOSITY: A habit of self-development through reading, networking and participating in continuing education events to stay abreast of current, relevant training and development topics.
What We Offer You:
- We aspire to nurture a culture of inclusion that enables and encourages all of our employees to thrive. Here are a few ways we do that:
- Eligibility for our benefits on your first day of employment
- Paid time off to pursue your passion through our volunteer program
- Annual wellness reimbursement, fitness challenges, free chair massages, and lots more to keep you healthy!
- Generous time off programs including vacation and personal time and paid parental leave
- Opportunity to work with passionate people, who care about our mission and each other!