At MegaFood, our mission is to nourish a world in nutritional crisis by producing the highest quality supplements made with farm fresh whole foods. MegaFood is a proud Certified B Corporation, meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance and a driver of change in the creation of meaningful jobs, the improvement of lives, and the application of best business practices. We are always looking for people who are passionate about our mission to join our growing team!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and supervises all work performed within the department, including the assignment and utilization of labor, equipment and materials to support fulfillment. Ensures that the department is running within company policies and procedures.
- Manages all outbound logistics (LTL traffic)
- Responsible for daily and weekly team metrics reports
- Reviews and seeks methods to improve and increase productivity, and eliminates wasteful practices.
- Reviews, updates and documents all departmental processes (SOPs)
- Works collaboratively with other departments and managers to ensure all schedules and delivery goals are met
- Schedules, prioritizes, monitors and reviews department production work schedule
- Selects, supervises and trains employees, in compliance with company standards, and policies.
- Complies with all safety and security regulations
- Independently troubleshoots routine challenges within the normal course of the department
- Prepares and conducts employee reviews per the established review schedule; provides ongoing timely feedback to employees
- Completes all time and attendance tracking for the department.
- Prepares purchase orders, reviews maintenance work orders and prepares monthly safety checklist
- Consistently promotes and maintains a harmonious/productive team effort; mobilizes team to execute on department initiatives
- Assists other departments as needed and works closely with all other departments
- Manages the implementation of special projects as assigned by management
- Other responsibilities as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Requires manufacturing / fulfillment leadership experience
- Knowledge of plant operations (manufacturing & maintenance) as well as, familiar with cGMP’s and safety regulations
- Familiar with computers and Microsoft Office programs and internal systems
- Models and coaches behavior, builds team consensus to enable execution on established plans. Demonstrated ability to provide real time performance feedback and longer term development for team and sincerely recognize individual and team contributions in a meaningful way.
- Able to mobilize a team to get things done. Embraces change, flexible, willing to quickly pivot with evolving business priorities.
- Execution oriented; pays attention to detail and able to effectively prioritize and delegate. Highly self-motivated, always seeking to make it better.
- Process driven, helps to implement processes to solve problems and fill gaps.
- Effectively listens, communicates, influences, negotiates, aligns and establishes trust within team, across peer groups and external partners. Open, curious and committed to self-improvement. Demonstrates good judgment and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and the impact of words and actions
The physical demands described here are representative of a normal office environment, not subject to extreme variations of temperature, noise, odors, etc. that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duty of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, stand, bend and stoop; use hands, talk and listen. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift up to 45 pounds. The job also specifies the use of computer keyboards requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise and dust levels in the work environment are usually moderate.
What We Offer You:
We aspire to nurture a culture of inclusion that enables and encourages all of our employees to thrive.
Here are a few ways we do that:
- Eligibility for our benefits on your first day of employment
- Paid time off to pursue your passion through our volunteer program
- Annual wellness reimbursement, fitness challenges, free chair massages, and lots more to keep you healthy!
- Generous time off programs including vacation and personal time and paid parental leave
- Opportunity to work with passionate people, who care about our mission and each other!