At MegaFood, our mission is to nourish a world in nutritional crisis by producing the highest quality supplements made with farm fresh whole foods. MegaFood is a proud Certified B Corporation, meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance and a driver of change in the creation of meaningful jobs, the improvement of lives, and the application of best business practices. We are always looking for people who are passionate about our mission to join our growing team!
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining quality assurance standards and processes. Manages quality improvement activities. Creates common business specific quality measurements and track improvement against these metrics. Works cross-departmentally to assist with ongoing projects. Performs other related duties as assigned
- Maintains Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Administration Product Manufacturing facilities by adhering to the documentation structure to provide cGMP compliance.
- Manages Organic Administration support Certifications, Kosher certification and Canadian Registration
- Manages Internal Audit Program and conduct cGMP audits on all manufacturing and support processes.
- Assists manufacturing in preparing for Regulatory Audits including conducting internal audits to identify non-compliance conditions and resolve problems prior to the audit. Ensure corrective actions are effective
- Performs Mock-Recall audit - Choose representative product and follow all interim inventories from raw material, bulk & finished product through the manufacturing facility and finally to the ultimate customer with available shipping data/contacts for each shipment
- Conducts investigation into non-conformances identified through the customer complaint program and prepare final reports
- Manages Customer Complaint process including ensuring that corrective actions are timely, complete and effective.
- Conducts specification and label reference review for new or changed labels.
- Conducts data analysis and experiments to analyze trends and improve performance of manufacturing processes
- Prepares pre-audit documentation and participate in customer audits as appropriate
- Prepares corrective action plan and track completion of activities
- Perform Supplier Qualification Audits as necessary
- Perform duties of the FDA Recall Coordinator
- Lead a HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) multidisciplinary team to provide a preventive approach to food safety.
- Manages people within the Quality Assurance organization to achieve goals that maximize our effectiveness and achieve our quality vision.
- Manages a CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) program to provide root cause analysis in reducing the amount of non-conformances in the Operations group.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Bachelor's degree and 3 to 5 years related experience in Quality systems and Management.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Inventory software; Internet software; Manufacturing software and Database software
Strong Leadership – Ability to lead individuals and groups of employees in creating an inspiring vision of the future and motivating people to engage with that vision.
What We Offer You:
- We aspire to nurture a culture of inclusion that enables and encourages all of our employees to thrive. Here are a few ways we do that:
- Eligibility for our benefits on your first day of employment
- Paid time off to pursue your passion through our volunteer program
- Annual wellness reimbursement, fitness challenges, free chair massages, and lots more to keep you healthy!
- Generous time off programs including vacation and personal time and paid parental leave
- Opportunity to work with passionate people, who care about our mission and each other!