This salad features some of fall’s best produce: roasted delicata squash, crisp sweet apple, and tart pomegranate arils on a bed of massaged kale. Then for the dressing we’re going the superfood route with hemp seeds and our turmeric in the form of our Daily Turmeric Nutrient Booster Powder. We're thanking Sarah at Making Thyme for Health for the recipe!
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 medium delicata squash
- 2 bunches kale stems removed and chopped
- 1 lemon juice
- splash of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 apples cored and sliced
- 1/2 c. pomegranate arils
- 1/2 c. hemp seeds
- 1/2 c. lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 small shallot about 3 tablespoons
- 1 t. pure maple syrup
- 1 scoop MegaFood Daily Turmeric Nutrient Booster Powder™
- 1/4 t. ginger
- 1/4 t. turmeric
- salt to taste
- pinch of cayenne optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Chop off the stem of the squash, slice in half then use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and flesh. Cut each side into 1/2-inch pieces then arrange on the baking sheet. Lightly spray or coat each piece with high heat oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake for 12 minutes on each side, until tender and light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad by placing the kale in a large bowl. Pour in the olive oil, juice of 1 lemon and a pinch of salt. Massage it into the kale for about 1 minute. Top with diced apple and pomegranate arils then set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Add more water as needed to thin. Transfer to a small container and set aside.
- Once the squash is done, place it in the bowl with the kale and toss to combine. Top with turmeric dressing, serve immediately and enjoy!
Looking for some additional recipes to spice up your menu? Visit our blog to find yummy smoothie, appetizer and dessert recipes!