MegaFood | Sept. 2019
This smoky roasted red pepper feta dip was shared with us from our friend and blogger Jeanette Chen and contains several immune-supporting ingredients, including a variety of sources of vitamin C.
- Red bell peppers are nutrient-dense, providing a good source of vitamin C, beta-carotene, vitamin K, thiamine, folic acid, and vitamin B6. Red peppers also have significantly higher total phenolic content than green peppers. (4)
- Garlic support the body’s immune response.* (5)
- MegaFood Daily C-Protect Nutrient Booster Powder™ is a natural way to nourish the immune system. It’s made with vitamin C-rich organic whole oranges, phenol-rich organic blueberries and organic cranberries, as well organic astragalus root and organic schisandra berry which work together to fuel your overall immune system and support the body’s healthy response to stress.*
- 3 roasted red bell peppers
- 1/3 c. feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 ground roasted cumin
- 1/4 spanish smoked paprika
- 1/8 cayenne pepper
- 1 scoop MegaFood Daily C-Protect Nutrient Booster Powder™
- 1 t. lemon juice
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Minced parsley for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients except olive oil and parsley in a food processor. Process until smooth. Continue processing and drizzle in olive oil until combined. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with assorted crudite.
Interested in what other recipes we offer? Visit our blog for more amazing smoothies, appetizers, desserts and more!
5 Foods To Boost Your Immune System, U.S. News
Nutritional Sciences, Michelle McGuire and Kathy A. Beerman
Free radicals, antioxidants and functional foods: Impact o human health, Pharmacognosy Review
Antioxidant activities of different colored sweet bell peppers, Journal of Food Science
Extracts from the history and medical properties of garlic, Pharmacognosy Review